A Quiz on "The
with a rubric for assessment
Please fill in the following information:
First Name Last Name
Your Teacher's Email
Answer 5 of the following questions in detail. Provide examples
from the story and pay attention to grammar and sentence
1. From the context of the story why
did the servants leave? Do you justify their actions? Explain.
2. What is more important loyalty to
your country or saving a person's life no matter who they are?
Explain your answer by giving examples from The Enemy.
3. What is one of the themes of “The
Enemy”? How does it
relate to you?
4. How were the servants viewed? What roles did they
serve? Give examples from the text to support your answer. How
do you feel about this issue?
5. What would you do if you were in
Sadao and Hana's situation? Expain.
6. How does Pearl S. Buck get you
involved in the story? How do you feel about this?
7. Why does the author bring the General
into the story? Could the story be the same without it?